I've got to say that I'm of two minds on this whole crazed flight attendant thing.
On the one hand, you've got to feel for the guy. He's dealing every day with pretty horrible working conditions, chief among which is the pervasive sphincterosity of passengers these days. Not all passengers, mind you. But enough.
Like, last week I was on an AA flight out of NYC, heading for LA, and believe you MOREBing - Aug 10, 2010 3:38 PM ET
That sound you hear coming from Washington is the sound of every lawyer and lobbyist strapping on his or her battle gear and heading for the war zone.
Today President Obama signs the financial industry's nightmare into law. Huge hanks of the way Wall Street likes to do business will for the first time be regulated, certainly impairing every cowboy's ability to ride the range with his six-shooter and stallion, knocking MOREBing - Jul 21, 2010 12:03 PM ET
Before I begin this little recommendation, I would like to stress that I know nothing at all about the business issues involved in Ronald Tutor's aquisition of Miramax Films from Disney. My only interest in this matter is to pass along one of the most juicy examples of executive viciousness I've seen in quite some time.
We become used to veiled utterances from our statesmen, business people, and politicians. So it's rare and MOREBing - Jul 12, 2010 12:49 PM ET
1. Don't over-communicate. Just because people want to know what you're up to doesn't mean you have to satisfy them. Keep them guessing. They won't go away in the meantime.
2. Extend the time period when all you're doing is seriously analyzing the situation. It's a "process." Did anybody count the number of times LeBron used the phrase, "the process," or "this process," as in, "This process has been everything I MOREBing - Jul 9, 2010 10:36 AM ET
It was near 100 degrees in New York City yesterday. The asphalt was melting. The heat was a palpable presence you cut your way through as you made your sorry, soggy way down the street. The air was so thick you could eat it with a spoon, if it wasn't so toxic. And I couldn't have been happier to be here. After all, I could have been at the mogul MOREBing - Jul 8, 2010 10:53 AM ET
1. I went to Slovenia. There were other stops before and after, but the core of the thing was more than a week in Slovenia.
2. Answer questions about why we were going to Slovenia. Some people get it. They say, "Oh! Goin' off the grid, huh?" or "That's pretty, right?" And they are correct on both counts. Slovenia is off the grid, although I must say they do a better MOREBing - Jul 6, 2010 11:55 AM ET
As we prepare for this second-tier holiday on Sunday, always a poor #2 to the celebration of Mothers celebrated each year, I thought I would take a moment to thank my dad, and all my subsequent dads, for all they have done for me.
First of all, I'd like to thank the most important dad of all, my own dad, for not only all the things he did right by me, MOREBing - Jun 18, 2010 1:44 PM ET
1. I want a Maybach. It's a huge, ridiculous car that has curtains on the windows and costs more than $200,000. Times being what they are, I could never afford one myself.
2. I want a razor that has 10 microblades, one to lift, another to lift a little more, a third to lift just a tiny bit more, a fourth to cut, a fifth to lift what is left after MOREBing - Jun 15, 2010 10:11 AM ET
You know, I think there are guys in this world who just have a deathwish, that's all. It's the only way to explain what they do. Like, you know they're not stupid, because if they were stupid they'd have been killed or just plain expired a long time ago. And yet... they do stupid things. Particularly when they have a drink in their meaty little fists.
This brings me to this MOREBing - Jun 11, 2010 10:49 AM ET
The business of America is business, as Calvin Coolidge once observed. And never has that been more clear than this morning, where two former business executives have moved one step closer to political power. Both Meg Whitman, former head of eBay and Carly Fiorina, the lapsed HP honcho, won their primaries and are prepared to sweep into office if there is any Republican sweeping in November. Pundits think there will be, of MOREBing - Jun 9, 2010 10:13 AM ET
|NJ agrees to ban Tesla direct sales|
|Five predictions for the World Wide Web that were way, way, way off|
|76% of Americans are living paycheck-to-paycheck|
|Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac stock hit by proposal to close them|
|West prepares sanctions against Russia over Ukraine|